Pages

Friday 24 February 2017

MAYBELLINE COLOR SENSATIONAL LIP FLUSH JUST BITTEN LIPSTICK REVIEW|PICTURES|SWATCHES




Hello everyone! I’ve been MIA for a long time now as I had so many functions and events at my place. I hope you all are doing well. So if you keep a regular watch on drugstore brands here in India, you must have observed Maybelline is back to back launching new products in the Indian market. Maybelline being my favourite drugstore brand out of all, I just cannot stop myself from trying its products.



 The brand has given many hits and misses in the past few months, but I believe in testing the products myself to give my honest opinion about it.

Maybelline launched a really cool concept in the lipsticks with their just bitten line.It is priced at INR 475 for 3.9 grams of product and come in 3 different shades.It is available on www.nykaa.com and major maybelline counters. The lipstick is meant to be giving a beautiful blended flushed ombre effect to the lips.



 I was very intrigued to try it out because somewhere in the back of my mind the concept of kind of impractical to me. The lipstick has 3 shades from light to dark. I got it in the shade Raspberry Smoothie, which has really pretty hues of pink.  The lightest shade is a true nude,  middle one being light pink and the darkest is a true pink red Raspberry shade.




 The lipstick comes in a standard Maybelline lipstick packaging. This one has pink ombre effect on the cap and the tube is silver in color. The ingredients list was mentioned on the plastic wrap which needs to be taken off for opening the lipstick.
 

Coming to the texture, it feels very creamy and hydrating. There is no need for using a lip balm underneath. It applies smoothly on the lips and feels very light and comfortable.
It has a lasting power of 4-5 hours, but sadly the ombre effect doesn’t stay for long. In the end of the day, it leaves you with soft tinted pink lips.



The major downfall of it is it has weak pigmentation. You really have to swipe it several times to get the true color. Basically while building it up on the lips, the colors kinda mix and the whole point of ombre is certainly not achieved. 


So if you are into testing or experimenting with new products, you can try it out. Otherwise save your buck and invest it in other products. Cz the results it gives in the end of the day is equals to what a tinted lip balm does. It does really moisturize and hydrate the lips all day long and is suitable for daily wear use. 

UNTIL NEXT TIME,


LOVE.

12 comments:

  1. Raspberry smoothies, sounds delicious! Loved the review and swatch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. great for daily wear use. feels very comfortable on the lips! :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely swatch. Although lipstick look so amazing. Nice review

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Shurbhi for your honest review ,I was planning to buy it earlier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your welcome! you can completely skip this one!

      Delete
  5. Nice review....yes even I wished it to be a little more pigmented

    ReplyDelete