Pages

Monday 30 October 2017

SUGAR COSMETICS EYESHADOW QUAD REVIEW|PICTURES|SWATCHES




Hello everyone! How are you? After a lot of skincare reviews and posts let's talk about makeup now. I am very excited for this post because I love when brands here in India bring new and quality products for us. It is my first time with sugar cosmetics, and I was very excited when I heard about they are launching eyeshadow palettes and quad.



 Regardless I already made up my mind to buy their eyeshadows, an amazing offer popped up i.e. buy sugar products worth 1399 INR and get a quad of your choice for free and shop for 3k something and get an eyeshadow palette for free. The purchase should be made from sugar website and is an exclusive October prive offer. 


So their matte as hell lip crayons were already on my wish list so I made full use of the opportunity and grabbed two of them and I got to choose a quad for myself. The brand will launch 18 quads and 2 palettes. The quad shades are taken from the palette itself so if you don’t want to buy a full palette and is only interested in few shades quads are the best option.The quads and palettes are not up for sale yet.


 In order to take your free quad you have to enter the quad’s code, the details are mentioned on the website (here) and it will be added to your cart. The free quad won’t show in the cart but it will be added.


So coming to the product now, I picked up the quad named 02 BELIEVE which is a mauve-y toned quad with 2 mattes and 2 shimmers. I am not sure about what they will be priced at maybe between 600-700 INR. 




PACKAGING: The shadows come in a cardboard packaging. The outer prismatic packaging of the quad is very eye-catchy and quirky. The quad comes in a black sleeve. The quad comes with no mirror, frankly the inside packaging of the palette is average for my liking. It also comes with a dual ended foam tip brush. The quad is super travel friendly and compact thus it can fit easily into your bag.



So talking about the shadows now, I was very neutral about them. I didn’t have higher or lower hopes. Though I was very excited about how they will be, the quality, the pay off and everything.



The shadows in the quad are SOFT!! Like they feel so smooth to touch. The texture of the shadows is very fine. They don’t feel gritty or chunky, the feel is feather soft. I am very much impressed with mattes. The shades are nicely pigmented and can be compared with some higher brands. As the shadows are very soft they do have a kick back, not very extreme but yes. I experienced no fall out while putting the shadows on my lids.



 The mauve shadow has the most kickback as compared to rest of them. The shimmer shadows are LOVE. They are highly pigmented and feel so soft to touch. 

Brush dipped in 2 times in each pan.


The quad "BELIEVE" consists of a very light brown almost like a milk chocolate shade (matte), a true mauve (matte), a rose gold (shimmer) and a shimmery brown with pink and purple reflex. I have swatched the shadows directly on my arm without any base or primer. The mattes are layered twice and the shimmers are one swipe each.




I did blend the mauve shadow (I also wish they had names) in my crease and it went on beautifully. As I am very light handed when it comes to putting shadows in the crease I did pick the product for good 3-4 times and it blended out beautifully. 



OVERALL, I am really impressed with this quad as the colors are right up my alley also I love to wear mauve tones on my eyes. It is travel friendly and I also think it is a great gifting option to someone who has just started with makeup. The thing which stands up most to me is the quality of the shadows, yes they have kick back (it is common with soft shadows) but I can easily pass it over their performance. I think you can still avail the offer of choosing your free eyeshadow quad from the sugar website so have a look! It’s a 4/5 for me! 


UNTIL NEXT TIME,



LOVE.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! I love the colours. They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!! I can't wait to have mine after reading your post ❤️

    ReplyDelete