Pages

Saturday 3 June 2017

MAYBELLINE HYPER INK LIQUID LINER REVIEW|SWATCHES|PICTURES




Hello everyone! How are you? Yes, I am back again with another Maybelline product. You may now know how much I love this brand because of variety of products it provides in Indian market with an affordable price tag. I usually visit Maybelline counter once in a month to check if they have launched anything new.


  This time I went to try the new foundation they launched but sadly it was not available at counters at that time, and I spotted this eye liner. Most of the maybelline’s liners are a hit and I was quite excited to give it a try. 


PRICE AND AVAILABILITY: It retails for INR 425 (Currently on 20% off at www.nykaa.com) and is available on all major Maybelline counters.

The packaging was the first thing that caught my eye. It has a stunning black and silver packaging, looks very edgy and brilliant. The wand in this is quite elongated which makes the application of the liner easy. The liner comes in a plastic wrap packaging which has all the details regarding the product.



The liner has a long felt tip and is much pigmented. It gives a good opacity in one single swipe. The performance of the product is good. It does not smudge or bleed. I tested it throughout the day and it was exactly like the way I had put it on. The long felt tip gives an extreme control on how you want your liner to be.



 You can draw as precise line or a bold one whatever you choose it to be. The texture of the product is thin which makes it really easy to work with and it dries down to a glossy finish. 



 Coming to the main part, I really didn’t like the how my liner turned out with that felt tip. The product started to dry a little and created tiny balls. The tiny balls got stuck to the felt tip which made it very difficult to give a good finishing to the wing. 

TINY LUMPS MADE ON THE APPLICATOR, AS THE PRODUCT DRIES OUT


I did compare this liner to my holy grail Maybelline hyper glossy liner. I’ve already gone through 4 bottles of it. The only difference I found in between the two is the applicator. The new hyper ink liner has a felt cushion tip whereas the hyper glossy has a brush tip.

TOP: HYPER INK LINER, BOTTOM: HYPER GLOSSY LINER, BOTH ONE SWIPE EACH

TOP: HYPER INK LINER, BOTTOM: HYPER GLOSSY LINER, BOTH ONE SWIPE EACH


 Both the liners give a similar finish, only that the hyper glossy looks much shinier. Both the liners are not waterproof. The hyper glossy one does not budge, smudge or go anywhere throughout the day. 





Overall, apart from the applicator issues, I like this product. It has a great staying power and finish. Will I prefer this over my Hyper Glossy liner? Amm, ditching hyper glossy will be very difficult for me.  Hyper glossy gives a beautiful finish to the wing and the plus point is, it only retails for INR 300. It’s a 4/5 from my side! 


UNTIL NEXT TIME,



LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment