Pages

Friday 25 August 2017

KYLIE LIQUID LIPSTICKS VS HUDA BEAUTY MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICKS?




Hello everyone! How are you? Today’s blog post is one of the most requested blogpost! When I posted about my Kylie and Huda lipsticks on Instagram there were a lot of questions regarding which out of the two is better. 


 
I asked a lot of my blogger friends regarding the same as both are expensive brands and I was in confusion, where do I invest? Now that I have both the brands in my hand it is easy to me to give my opinions regarding the same.
I purchased my first set of Kylie lip kits when the brand gave BOGO (Buy one get one) offer. It was the best deal and I am so happy that I controlled on not getting the lip kits before. Usually each lip kit retails for 2600-2800 INR from Instagram resellers but I got 2 lipkits for INR 2600! And to me it was a great deal. I got mine from here; she is one of the most genuine instagram sellers. The seller was kind enough to send a Kylie lip gloss as a gift which is basically cherry on the top! 


A month later I so, I purchased my huda beauty pink edition set coz I never wanted to invest 2k for one single lipstick so I opted for a set which I got for 3k for 4 lipsticks. Not an amazing deal but decent enough to give a try.



Talking about Kylie lipkits, I got the shades Posie K and Kristen, these two have been on my wish list ever since they launched. One lipkit contains 1 liquid lipstick and a matching lipliner. And if we breakdown the amount, its 1300 INR for 2 products!! I have been wearing Posie K ever since I got it. It is a beautiful blue toned mauve-y pink and compliments my skin tone perfectly. Kristen on the other hand is probably the most beautiful warm brick red shade I own.


The lipstick and the liner come in a cardboard box which has all the details mentioned about the product. The lipstick comes in long transparent tube through which you can see the shade. The applicator in the lipstick is fluffy and small in size which makes the application easy. The lipliner comes in a sharpening form. 



 The lipsticks have a very sweet vanilla scent to it, almost like a cupcake, very delicious. The formula in this is thin, feels  light. Both the shades have amazing pigmentation, one swipe and you’re good to go. The lipliners are very amazing quality, super creamy, much pigmented, matte, exactly like I want my lip liners to be. They go on smooth on the lips without tugging.   


TOP- POSIE K BOTTOM- KRISTEN

Coming to the staying power of these, the lipsticks stay for good 7-8 hours on me. I’ve heard people complaining about how dry these feel on their lips but I always prep my lips with a lip scrub and balm so it doesn’t feel dry on me. The lipsticks may crumble from the inner part of the lips when applied 2 or more coats. The lipliner usually covers the lips well so only one coat of the lipstick is generally needed. I tested the lipsticks on eating oily food, drinks, brunch almost everything and they came out as a winner to me.


POSIE K
KRISTEN

Now talking about the opposite team, Huda liquid mattes, I have them in the shades, gossip girl, trophy wife, icon and socialite which is bright pink, a mauve-y purple pink, warm brown pink and a metallic pink respectively. I have these in mini version. I really like the matte frosty packaging on them and the minis are very easy to carry around. You can slip it in your bag or even your pocket. 


Alike Kylie lip kits, these also have a very sweet scent to it, actually sweeter than kylie’s, which sort of makes me uncomfortable but it fades away upon drying. The formula in this is very runny water like. The lipsticks are decently pigmented but as the formula is very light you need to do 2 good coats for a good color payoff. The applicator on these is a doe foot stiff applicator. The lipstick feels light on the lips and does not crumble. The lipsticks go on smoothly on the lips and are not patchy! The only downside with this is after having a full meal, the lipstick tends to fade away from the inner parts, and if you have a single coat it might disappear to an extent. Icon is the best one amongst the 4! Absolutely pigmented, great color pay off and a better staying power than the rest.

T-B, SOCIALITE, GOSSIP GIRL, TROPHY WIFE, ICON

 All the shades in this are good but socialite, which is a metallic pink, is worst of all. I tried it on my lips to test the formula and as soon as I applied on my lips it gave a burning sensation which lasted for good 30 seconds. I still tried putting it on and I have to say it has the worse finish out of all. It turned out to be patchy on the lips, not at all pigmented, very uneven and basically a trash to me! 


TROPHY WIFE
GOSSIP GIRL
ICON

Overall, both the brands give a tough competition to each other but my first choice will be Kylie lipkits! I love the way it sits on my lips, stays, have amazing pigmentation and glides on smooth without patchiness. In the end of the day the lipstick stays put even after having full meal and drinks with little or no fading. Kylie has definitely some unique shades to choose from and I see myself getting some more shades from the brand.
Talking about Huda beauty on the other side the only shade I loved is Icon.  But if you tend to wear your lipsticks for short time or don’t mind fading, I’d suggest you to go for Huda beauty lipsticks. As the formula on this is very runny and light they feel very comfortable on lips.  
I do see myself wearing huda beauty lipsticks when I am on the go, but will definitely choose kylie when I have a big event or important function to go! These are solely my thoughts on this and it definitely varies from person to person in terms of their choices, lips etc. I hope it was helpful to you in some of the other way. You can follow me on instagram for more updates, lip swatches and new launches.

UNTIL NEXT TIME,


LOVE.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice post. Great πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for such an amazing post... This comparison has made a clear picture in my mind about what I want to buy...

    Xoxo
    https://heartydiaries.blogspot.in/2017/08/review-incolor-matte-me-ultra-smooth.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad this post helped you. thank you. :)

      Delete
  3. Your kylie liquid lipsticks review is really awesome. Thanks to share this beautiful liquid lipsticks review. It's really helpful for my makeups. I believe makeup is an important part of women's life. I can't imagine a single day without my makeups. I love to use this kylie liquid lipsticks and my favorite Liquid Matte Lipsticks for my lip.

    ReplyDelete