Pages

Tuesday 29 August 2017

NYKAA SKIN GENIUS FOUNDATION REVIEW|SWATCHES|PICTURES




Hello everyone! How are you? I am finally working to get myself in routine and avoid log gaps in between my posts. I have nykaa’s brand new skin genius foundation to review today! 

This foundation gained a lot of hype among big beauty bloggers, the properties it has and everything. And I decided to give it a go for 2 main reasons; I wanted to know what the hype is about and second it has a decent price tag so why not? I tested this foundation for good 5-6 times before writing my final thoughts so let’s get started with the review.


PRICE AND AVAILABILITY: It retails for INR 575 for 30 ML and is available on www.nykaa.com


PACKAGING: The foundation comes in a very sleek and sturdy plastic packaging. It is very compact and can be easily slipped into your bag, which makes it great for travelling. It has a screw lid opening which secures the product nicely so there is no worry for spillage. The plastic tube comes in a coral pink cardboard box which has all the information mentioned about the product. 




The most exciting part about this foundation is the color adapting technology. So if you happen to choose a shade lighter or darker, you need not to worry.



 It will adapt the color of your skin and you’re good to go. The foundation comes in 5 shades which is major disappointment as the shade range does not cover women of all colors.
The foundation also has hyaluronic acid which takes care of your skin by providing radiance and hydration. 



FORMULA: The foundation has very runny formula. I take a little bit of it on the back of my hand, warm it a little and apply to my face. I use my buffing brush from morphe to blend it. The coverage of the foundation is sheer to light. If you need a medium coverage you might need 2-3 layers. I always use single layer of this one. It feels very lightweight and smoothes the skin. 

NYKAA SKIN GENIUS FOUNDATION SHADE 03 WARM SAND

I am in shade 03 Warm sand; this shade will match anyone who is NC 30-35. The foundation has yellow undertones and matches me well, so I cannot comment on the color adapting properties it has. I tried putting it on my hand to see if it works but there was not much difference I saw .When I first used this foundation I decided to skip my powder, as I belong to dry skin family I usually only set my concealer and not my foundation. But as this one has a lot of moisturising properties I had to set it with powder. After 2-3 hours my face felt sticky, so maybe it was because of light powdering I did. 

NYKAA SKIN GENIUS FOUNDATION SHADE 03 WARM SAND

 The second time I used it and did a heavy powerding. The foundation started to feel sticky after 3-4 hours. So this foundation is definitely not for oily skin people. Also, it tends to cling on dry patches so you need to avoid this if you have that issue. This foundation does not clogs pores and that is a good point. Also, it gives a very smooth, luminous finish which is a big thumbs up. I tried to keep this foundation for 7-8 hours; it faded a little but kept skin smooth throughout. 



OVERALL, I do like this foundation; it’s less than excellent but a lot more than good. It does give a dewy natural finish which I am fan of. Maybe it’s the weather which is making it feel sticky but I do see myself using a lot of it in winters. As it’s lightweight it is spot on for wearing on daily purpose. You can easily wear it to college, office without looking made up. I’d recommend oily skin beauties to avoid this as its extreme hydration may bother you. It works well for normal to dry skin types.  It’s 4/5.  


UNTIL NEXT TIME,



LOVE.

1 comment:

  1. Nice review... I am also waiting eagerly to get my hands on this foundation...

    http://grassspider.in/

    ReplyDelete