Pages

Sunday 15 January 2017

MAYBELLINE BB CUSHION FOUNDATION REVIEW|PICTURES|SWATCHES




Hello everyone, I hope you all are doing well. So today I have a brand new foundation to review for you all. Cushion foundations made it to the must haves lists in mid 2016. Lots of high end and drugstore brands launched cushion foundations. 


  Maybelline being one of the most trusted yet affordable brands here in India launched back to back products in 2016, which included eye shadow palettes, contour sticks, contour powder, blushes etc. BB cushion foundation made its debut in late December (as told by the SA). I was at Maybelline counter few days ago, I went to get the backup of my HG liquid eyeliner; Maybelline hyper glossy and I saw this newbie in the stash. I was very intrigued to get this one as I never tried cushion foundations before and wanted to see how it performs.


PRICE AND AVAILABILITY- INR 1200/14g, available at Maybelline counters and online at www.nykaa.com

 
PACKAGING- The foundation comes in a heavy compact packaging which is white and light bronze in color. The packaging feels quite luxurious, not like the simple drugstore brand products. It has a push button to open the product.  It has a mirror inside it and also comes with a foam cushion. 










The compact comes in a beautiful gold-bronze cardboard packaging which has all the details mentioned.  As it comes in a sturdy compact packaging, it great for travelling too.The brand has also given the instructions regarding how to use the product which is very helpful. 



TEXTURE- The texture of the product is very porous and airy. It feels very soft and very less amount of product is used so it will last for a long time. 


MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE PRODUCT- I was very much excited to use this foundation and I am testing it since the day I got it. The foundation comes only in 2 shades; Light and natural which covers only light to fair –medium skin tones.  I got the shade light for myself. The foundation comes with SPF 29/PA+++ which makes it great for daily wear use. For reference I have normal to dry skin and I love this product. It has hydrating qualities in it and gives skin a soft natural glow. The product is very easy to use, you just have to tap the cushion to the product twice and blend it into the skin.




The foundation has light to medium coverage and doesn’t look cakey when layered up.  People with acne issues or serious pigmentation may not like this product because it does not cover any serious acne marks or pigmentation. . I have only worn this foundation in the day time, so I cannot say how it photographs with flash, without flash skin looks really healthy in photographs.




 The impressive thing about this one is, it has a semi-matte finish to it, not too dewy not too matte so it does not makes your face look flat. It stays for good 5-6 hours on the skin and then starts to fade. Also, ladies with super oily skin should avoid it as it may make the skin look shinier and oily.





On the negative side, for a drugstore product it comes with a heavy price tag. We can get many foundations with decent price for daily wear use. L’oreal mat magique is one of my favourite daily basis foundations.  Apart from price, I love its packaging, the finish it gives to my face. When you visit the Maybelline counter just give this one a try and decide it yourself if you want to invest 1200/- on a drugstore foundation.

UNTIL NEXT TIME,
LOVE.

4 comments:


  1. 😍😍 Sounds awesome! I'm gonna buy it.


    http://www.thepinkvelvetblog.com/2016/11/niumecom-best-blog-monetization.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. The price point was a bummer for me too. And its not widelyaccessible as well. Its available only on limited counters. Still im excited to swatch n test this out 🙈😊 bdw nice review ❤ much love 💖

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the way u review it in a detailed manner

    ReplyDelete