Pages

Saturday 4 March 2017

MICELLAR WATER: L’OREAL VS MAYBELLINE: WHO WINS THE BATTLE?




Hello everyone! I am back with another review post but this time it’s a battle between 2 Indian drugstore brands; L’oreal and Maybelline. Both the brands launched their Micellar water in almost same time period. 


  I actually went to buy the L’oreal one because it was everywhere, everyone talked about it and I also wanted to give it a try as I am running out of my HG Bioderma. When I reached the brand counter I was looking for new launches here and there and I spotted the Maybelline Micellar water too. Both the brands are giving equal quantity of product with same claims. The only difference is price. So I want to test both of them and see how they fair and actually live to their claims.



PRICE: Maybelline Micellar water is priced at INR 399 for 95 ML and
L’oreal Micellar water is priced at INR 475 for 95 ML of product,

 These are available on www.nykaa.com or you can find them at major Maybelline and L'oreal counters.

 
WHAT IS MICELLAR WATER? : Micellar water is basically an all in one product which acts like a makeup remover-cleanser-toner-moisturiser. The idea behind it is after using it to remove your makeup, there is no need to rinse your face. It attracts all the dirt from the face plus keeping it hydrated at the same time.


But I usually like to wash my face and follow up with my night time skin care routine.

WHAT THE BRAND CLAIMS:
MAYBELLINE:







L’OREAL:






PACKAGING: Both the products come in a transparent plastic bottle, which has all the details mentioned regarding the products, the ingredient list, how to use, claims, about the brand etc. Maybelline Micellar water comes in a flip top packaging,



 and the L’oreal Micellar water comes in a screw lid packaging.





 The products are very light weight is very convenient for travelling. The packaging is sturdy with a spill proof packaging.


MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE PRODUCTS:
I used both the products at the same time to actually test out how they perform, in the terms of removing waterproof makeup, time taken etc. Maybelline already grabs 1 point from my side because it is much more affordable than the L’oreal one.





I took equal amount of product in the cotton pads and placed it straight on my eyes for 15 seconds. Both of them worked great for eye makeup (I had waterproof mascara and kohl).  Both of them performed equally and I love the results. I did the same for my face ( I had Mac’s Mineralize foundation, Blush, highlighter, and soft matte lip cream on my lips), used both the products on either side and both of them performed really well, except I found that Maybelline Micellar water attracted more dirt from the face and left skin squeaky clean. What I loved about these products is they both lived up to their claims. They left the skin hydrated, cleanse it well. They didn’t give me any breakouts whatsoever. 


Overall, I loved them both. Both of the products lived up to their claims and didn’t fail.  When it comes to where to spend your buck, I’d suggest going for Maybelline Micellar water, it’s affordable plus it cleanses much better than the L’oreal one. 


UNTIL NEXT TIME,


LOVE.




7 comments:

  1. Helpful job. I'm also need one badly as mine is running out. Would go for the Maybelline one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both sounds awesome. Will surely give it a try. Nice review

    ReplyDelete
  3. A helpful post!! I too was thinking of skipping Loreal one just because of the price!!!

    http://makeupandsmiles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't used any of them. So, I'll take your tip to get Maybelline's :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never tried the L'oreal but I am already satisfied with my Maybelline Micellar Water. No need for me to switch anyways plus it saves me on budget :)

    http://wonderlelay.com/

    ReplyDelete