Pages

Friday 27 October 2017

MY NIGHT TIME SKIN CARE REGIME DECODED!




Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well! Skin care is one of the most important parts of everyone’s life and specially the night time. If you are 20 or above that and you do not follow any skin care regime or the basic CTM rule, you need to start doing it now! It doesn’t matter if  you don’t have any skin related issues or see any signs of ageing , you should definitely have a particular regime because your skin is going to thank you when you reach late 30’s .

 
 Night time skin regime is really important because the products work 2x times better. I started mine when I entered my 20’s not really an intense one but with basic products which suited my skin. I like to experiment with new products, trying out different products for my skin. Some became my HG products and some failed so badly that I had to fix an appointment with my dermatologist. 

#1 OIL CLEANSING: I start my PM skincare routine with oil cleansing and I try not to skip it. I do it regularly and it has changed my cleansing routine. I use Sephora cleansing oil, and I have reviewed it briefly here. The oil beautifully breaks down every inch of oil, dirt or makeup and leaves skin super soft.


#2 CLEANSING: After oil cleansing I wash my face with my FAVORITE The face shop 3 in 1 Rice bran cleanser. This stuff is great. Works as a daily cleanser and a mild exfoliater and leaves skin incredibly clean and supple.



#3 TONING : So frankly, I was never a person who used to tone her skin because I had a super bad experience with toner before. Well I was a newbie, who wanted to start with a CTM and I went on to buy L’oreal toner, and the alcohol content in it dried my face, made it super flaky and what not. Since then, I have decided I am not using toners ever. I tried to replace my toner with rose water and mists, they worked well but not as appropriate as toners work. After doing a full study I bought the very famous PIXI GLOW TONIC! 



I have used it for more than 2 months now and I can honestly share what I feel about it. It is a very light weight toner, doesn’t feel sticky on the skin. When I started to use it I did take a lot of amount which lead to stickiness but on using it the right way and right amount I didn’t face this issue. I am using this toner religiously and it did help me improve my skin. I use to have normal breakouts before but now it has reduced to zero. I have a very few breakouts when experimenting with new products and it doesn’t suit me. The toner does help to dry out the pimples and reducing scars on regular use. The most impressive thing about this is it doesn’t make my skin dry or stretchy. I leave the toner for 3-5 before doing the next step and it gets absorbs in the skin. Yes it does improve the skin texture, prevents breakouts, brightens up the skin, doesn’t make skin dry or flaky but what I didn’t notice yet is the size of my pores.  I have pores on my nose and inner cheeks and I didn’t see much difference in them. I got 250 ML bottle and it is gonna last me for good 10 months.  You can buy one from here.



#4 FACIAL OIL: So this is my most most most favourite part of my routine. I love to use facial oils in my routine and my all time favourite is indulgeo essentials rose gold oil. I have a detailed review here. Not only it helps to improve your skin but also helps to renew it and make has amazing benefits. I recommend facial oils to everyone! My family, friends everyone.




#5 NIGHT CREAM: To lock in all the benefits of facial oil I follow it up with my night cream. The one I am using currently is Kama Ayurveda’s rejuvenating and brightening night cream. Again I had a horrible experience with my might cream when I first started with CTM again from L’oreal, I decided to go for all natural and organic this time. This cream locks in the moisturizer and the natural products helps to make skin glow and radiant from within. The cream is medium consistency and hydrating. It has an organic aroma, I smell turmeric and I like it. Visible results can be seen in 2 weeks of use.
 

#6 EYE CREAM: I never gave importance to eye cream in my routine but better late than never. I have included eye cream in my routine for past 1 year and I am glad I did. As I belong to dry skin family, my under eyes tend to get drier in winters. I started with the origins ginzing eye cream and I loved it. It instantly brightens the under eyes and moisturize it well. Currently I am using st.botanica under eye gel.  It is a cooling gel which soothes the under eye skin and helps with puffiness. I do not have prominent dark circles but I do wake up with brighter under eyes everyday! 


#7 LIP BALM: It was probably my first skin care item but all I know was this. I like to change my lip balms within month or two. I do prefer lip balm with almond oil in it for night that deeply penetrates in the skin and make the, plump and soft. Also, it helps in reducing lip pigmentation. The one I am using currently is from Prakrati studio. Found this brand in a local exhibition and bought it. It is very much comparable to forest essentials rose lip balm but slightly think in texture.


I have also got a Laniege lip mask, which I am so excited to use. Also one thing which I have included in my routine is sheet masks. I try to use it atleast 5 times a week. I use sheet masks after my toner and follow it with my regular routine. If I was to recommend 1 sheetmask brand which is easily available in India, it would be dear packer sheet mask. I love the charcoal and coconut variant the most! The fit is nice, the sheet of the mask is very fine and the serum is not sticky and gets absorb in the skin. You can buy Dear packer masks here.



So this is my daily PM routine which usually takes me 5-10 minutes but when I use a sheet mask which is supposed to be used for minimum 20 minutes it takes me a good 30-35 minutes.
So this was my Night time Skin Care Regime which I follow on a daily basis. I also like to pamper my skin with scrubs, face packs 2-3 times a week. I also do peeling with my favorite Innisfree wine jelly peel. I have a detailed review here. It really helps to unclog my pores, take away dead skin and make my skin super happy. Let me know what your HG products are and pour in your suggestions for the stuff I can try next for my skin (normal-dry).


UNTIL NEXT TIME,



LOVE.

2 comments:

  1. Nice review.. Love to see your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really helpful ❤️❤️ Thanks ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete