Pages

Friday 5 May 2017

MAYBELLINE FASHION BROW POMADE CRAYON REVIEW| PICTURES|SWATCHES




Hello guys! How are you? I am back with another favourite drugstore brand newest launch. If you are a regular reader of my blog you know it by now how much I love Maybelline.  I love the variety of products they offer with good prices. I am always keen to know what new products the brand launches and try to get my hands on them.  
 

Maybelline launched its first brow product long time ago but I gave it a miss because I heard mix reviews about it, plus I asked the SA to try the product on me but I didn’t find any difference. 
When the pomade crayon launched I didn’t think twice and grabbed it. The pomade crayon comes in 2 shades; Soft brown (BR-2) and Dark brown (BR-1).

LEFT- DARK BROWN, RIGHT-SOFT BROWN

The product retails for INR 450 for 1.5 grams of product and is available on Maybelline counters and online at www.nykaa.com (The website is running a sale currently, so you can got it for INR 390 ONLY)

The product comes in a twist tube form with the shade specification on the bottom. The product looks exactly like that big fat crayon we use to use in our schools. The tube come with a plastic lid and plastic wrap covered over it which has all the details about the product including the ingredients list.

LEFT- DARK BROWN, RIGHT-SOFT BROWN

Talking about the formula and shades, I am MINDBLOWN. If you happen to follow me on Instagram (Gleamandglitters) I did a full first time impressions of the product and to my surprise the product perform really well. 
THE BIGGEST MISTAKE the brand has made, or maybe not mistake but it created a MAJOR confusion is with the shade names.  Generally if someone asks me what will be a darker shade? Soft Brown or Dark Brown?  I’d answer Dark brown for obvious reasons.  
I bought my first pomade crayon from a Maybelline counter in shade soft brown and I generally searched online about the product and then I saw the shade dark brown. I got so confused; I thought I picked up the lighter shade and ordered another shade online. And when the package arrived, BOOM! All doubts cleared! 

PLEASE NOTE: If you happen to buy this product, SOFT BROWN is a darker shade in between the two. If you have dark brown to black eyebrows it will suit you really well.
DARK BROWN can be defined as a muddy warm shade (if that makes sense) and will suit people with light brown hair.
If you want to give your brows am ombre natural look, dark brown can be used to the inner brows, whereas soft brown can be used to finish the brow tail.

TOP- DARK BROWN, BOTTOM-SOFT BROWN

I didn’t try to do this because soft brown REALLY suits me well, but as I have both now I will try to experiment with this technique too.
The formula of the product is very creamy, more on a waxy side. You actually feel the wax when you apply the product and it helped the brow hair to set really well in place. Before using the product I was really confused about how will a fat crayon stick be able to draw a precise eyebrow? But to me surprise (YET AGAIN) it did worked very smoothly and precisely on my brows. I feel if we use an angled brush for the tail if will perform even better. 

The pigmentation of the product is on point, not too less neither highly pigmented. It is in between which I really like, as you can manage how much color you want to give to your brows.

TOP- SOFT BROWN, BOTTOM- DARK BROWN

The staying power of the product is 9+ hours or even more than that. I did my brows at 12 PM, and my brows remained intact till 9 PM, or you can say until I removed my makeup off! The product may take some time to set but when it does, it does not smudge or bleed.

BROWS FRESHLY DONE AT 12 PM

  I was very unsure whether it was smudge-proof or not because when I swatched the product on my hand it did budge with a single swipe but on brows it remained intact. It survived the hot weather, heat, sweat, everything! 

7 HOURS POST MAKEUP AT 7 PM

Overall, I am really impressed with the product and Maybelline did it again! I wished the quantity of the product could be more for the price, but the quality beats this con! This is great for someone who doesn’t like dramatic brows and like to keep it natural. Even if you are a newbie to brow makeups (like me) try this. It is the most affordable pomade available in Indian market and definitely worth giving a try! 

UNTIL NEXT TIME,



LOVE.

  
























































2 comments:

  1. Thanks for clarifying confusion amidst the shade names��


    http://lyfabubble.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete