Pages

Sunday 9 April 2017

THE BODY SHOP SUPER FOOD MASKS: HIMALAYAN CHARCOAL AND BRITISH ROSE REVIEW|PICTURES|SWATCHES




Hello everyone! I am back with another new launch from our beloved Body Shop. I have already reviewed their matte liquid lipsticks in last post (here) and today I came up with something really exciting.

  
 The body shop came up with the idea of multi masking and launched 5 different super food masks which are 100% vegetarian. 

What is multi-masking?? Multi-masking is basically using different types of masks to different areas of the face with the specific concern. For example, I have pores on my nose and chin and want to clear them out but I need my cheeks and forehead area to be soft and supple, but I don’t have time to apply 2 different masks one after the other, so here multi masking helps. 

Before buying this product I thought for about 100 times whether I should spend on this or not. As the price is little expensive, I finally grabbed them during the 30% off sale from TBS official website.


The masks retail for INR 2495 for 75 ml each, which is a steep price. 


I grabbed 2 masks out of 5 which I thought would be perfect for my skin concerns. I bought the Himalayan charcoal mask and British rose mask.



The masks come in a heavy glass jar and definitely feel luxurious. The masks are formulated without Paraben, silicone, mineral oil etc. The glass jar comes in a grey cardboard box which has all the details regarding the product. The packaging scores 5/5 from me, but it’s not suitable for traveling.


Let’s go one on one with the masks:

HIMALAYAN CHARCOAL MASK:  This mask is formulated with Bamboo charcoal, which absorb all the impurities, toxins, extra oil from the skin and makes its clear and Green tea leaves which acts as a great anti oxidant and purifies skin. 


 These 2 are the main elements of the masks. It also has goodness of eucalyptus oil, aloe, etc.



The texture of the mask is gritty yet soft. It has a thick consistency to it. The mask has aroma of different oils and bamboo, something which I am unable to make out exactly what is it.  I applied this mask on my nose, chin and continuing to my law line. It dries down so fast that while going to my chin area, the mask on my nose already started to dry. 


I kept this mask for 10 minutes till it dried down fully. Being a charcoal mask, it didn’t feel stretchy on the skin whatsoever. It gave a very cooling effect. The masked cleared my pores very well without clogging and gave a natural glow. So the job it does definitely do justice to its name.

 

The best way to apply these masks is through a flat foundation brush, as it spreads the product equally without consuming extra product. I have dry skin and I totally love this one. After washing my skin didn’t feel dry or stretchy. The mask took a good care of providing enough hydration my skin needs with cleaning my pores simultaneously.




BRITISH ROSE MASK: This mask is a jar filled with goodness of fresh rose petals. This one claims to hydrate, soothe and tones the skin.
 




 I personally love skin care which has rose as a main element. Fresh roses definitely do wonders to your skin. 


The texture of this mask is very runny. It smells floral, more like gulkand, very sweet and refreshing. I use this mask on my cheeks and forehead to have a good plumping effect. You can actually see crushed rose petals in the masks.



 As the texture is very runny you need to take care while putting this one. I apply this with my foundation brush. This one takes a little time to dry down but I don’t mind as it feels very good on the skin. 


The mask dries down transparent. After washing the mask, it instantly makes skin brighter and baby soft.

Overall, both the masks didn’t break me out or caused any skin problems. It’s really tough to choose 1 favorite amongst the two. Both mask do their job beautifully and love them equally. Yes the price is expensive so I would recommend you to grab them during sale or offers and feel a little light on your pocket.


UNTIL NEXT TIME,



LOVE.


2 comments:

  1. Loved the review!! I will try to grab the rose mask during their sale !! I have always loved body shop masks ��������

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice 😀👍🏻Will definitely try one of them..there is one acai berry one which also iv heard is v nice..

    ReplyDelete