Pages

Wednesday 8 March 2017

COLOURPOP ULTRA MATTE & ULTRA SATIN LIPSTICKS REVIEW|SWATCHES|PICTURES




Hello everyone! How are you all? Gone are the days when people use to love creamy glossy lipsticks. When the matte trend took over the world, people went gaga over it! It was matte everywhere, ever corner, basically EVERYTHING! 


When liquid lipsticks took birth, it changed everyone’s lipstick game. Ride or die for many and difficult for some. Colourpop took over the liquid lipstick trend with storm, coming with zillion of shades, finishes and formulas. And being one of the affordable brands, everyone wanted to give their products a try.

After listening to people raving about it, some had love-hate relationship with the lipsticks, I finally decided to try it out. The brand launched holiday sets and I grabbed one of it; OUT AND ABOUT. The set has 3 lipsticks, out of which 2 are ultra mattes (Viper & Times Square) and one ultra satin (Baracuda)



 Both Ultra matte and Ultra satin liquid lipsticks individually retail for 6USD with 3.2 grams of products. I got my get which retails for 15USD from an instagram seller @whatwomenlovee for INR 1500.


The lipsticks come in a plastic cylindrical tube, with silver colored cap and the color of what the shade is. The lipstick tubes come in a white cardboard box with all the details and ingredient list.



 What I mainly like about the lipstick is the applicator.  It has doe foot applicator which is small in size, perfect for ones with small lips like me and also good for precisely drawing the cupids bow or outer corner of the lips.



The formula in these is however tricky. Like I own two ultra mattes and I find both the formulas different. Times square , which is a nude-y brown with grey undertones has a very mousse like texture to it and viper which is a berry magenta shade has a runny water like texture to it. I think it totally depends on the shade, but I find Times Square very comfortable to wear out of the two. It feels very light weight on the lips. Times Square and Viper both applies smooth on the lips, they don’t wear patchy or crumble on the inner and outer corner of the lips. These are extremely transfer proof, smudge proof but fade away a little at the end of the day.




On the other hand, the ultra satin lip didn’t really impress me. I own the shade Baracuda which is a cool toned burgundy.  I wore it just for once and I just don’t feel like going back to it. It doesn’t dry out completely, feels sticky all day and transfers a lot, totally opposite of how I want my lipsticks to be. 


TOP TO BOTTOM : VIPER, TIMES SQUARE, BARACUDA


I also heard people and my fellow bloggers that these lipsticks feel very dry; thankfully it doesn’t feel dry on me. I always prep my lips with an exfoliater and use a lip balm underneath.  It applies smooth, literally stays for all day long and survive every meal!


BUT!! Please take a note, never like NEVER mix two ultra mattes together, it can surely give you nightmares. I mixed viper and Times Square and it gave me the driest, crumbliest lips ever. It’s my personal experience, I have no idea if it happens with everyone but definitely mixing didn’t work for me.
Overall, I am not really a big fan of these lipsticks but for the price I cannot complain. Though I hate the ultra satin, I would not suggest you to get it if you are a big fan of MATTE LIPS. Ultra mattes can be tried out because they are comfortable for daily wear use and affordable with good quality.
 
UNTIL NEXT TIME,


LOVE.

2 comments:

  1. I got the lippie stick free with my purchase and oh my goodness. It's fabulous. Thinking of trying out more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my lippie stix are on their way. i can't wait. thank you<3

      Delete