Pages

Friday 10 March 2017

MAYBELLINE LONG LASTING DRAMA WATERPROOF GEL PENCIL REVIEW|SWATCHES|PICTURES




Hello everyone. Decided to try the new gel pencil from Maybelline gel liner pencil because it was raved by many. I went to make my purchase and I already had glazed toffee and  soft nude shades in my mind. Unfortunately soft nude was OOS, so I picked up only Glazed toffee. HINT: I have found a perfect brown kohl for myself!!


I was in search for brown kohl for the longest time and I also picked up one on my trip to Singapore. I have no idea about the brand but it was just 2.99$ so I decided to give it a go. It is good in terms of quality but the pigmentation is quite weak. While searching for a back up of the brown pencil, Maybelline came to the rescue. And being my favourite drugstore brand I had to try their new launches!

The product retails for INR 499 for 1.1 grams, and is available on www.amazon.in www.nykaa.com and major Maybelline counters. 

The product comes in a standard pencil form with a transparent plastic lid and is self sharpening (A big No for me, as it leads to a lot of product wastage). The pencil comes in a cardboard packaging with has all the details mentioned about the product. The color of the pencil represents the shade of actual product. The product has shelf life of 24months.








The performance of the product is amazing. It glides on smooth. I use it in my water line and it stays intact for 5-6 hours. What stole my heart about this product is the shade. It is a true brown and doesn’t changes its color or looks black upon layering.  The texture of it is velvety and it is completely smudge proof. With great pigmentation, it also has a creamy texture to it. You need not to swipe the product multiple times for the color to show up. 

Here is a short clip of what the product looks like in one single swipe:




Glazed toffee is that shade which will compliment every skin tone from light to deep and will give an enhanced look to the eyes. People with small eyes will love this as it gives an illusion of bigger eyes. 





Maybelline claims 16H lasting power of the product but unfortunately it false. It starts to fade off after 6 hours. 





Overall, Maybelline didn’t fail to impress even this time. I love the product; the shade range is beautiful and vibrant. I just feel it’s a bit pricey for the amount of product we get but it totally worth it! I’ll be picking 2 shades more from the range; soft nude and lustrous sapphire. These will be great for summers with its smudge proof and waterproof qualities and shade range!

UNTIL NEXT TIME,


LOVE.

2 comments: