Pages

Thursday 1 June 2017

L’OREAL TRUE MATCH LUMI LIQUID GLOW ILLUMINATOR REVIEW |SWATCHES|PICTURES




Hello everyone! How are you? So I decided to take a little break from K-Beauty and focus on some makeup, because who doesn’t loves it? ;) L’oreal launched its Cannes collection last month and I picked up a few products from the range.



 I also picked up the lip tint caresse ( Review here) I initially had no plans of picking this illuminator because I found the price expensive for the quantity, but I got a few requests for reviewing this one so I finally decided to pick this up in 20% off on Nykaa. 


PRICE AND AVAILABILITY: It is price at INR 799 for 20 ML of product and is available at all L’oreal counters.


L’oreal launched the liquid illuminators is 2 shades; Golden Dore and Rose. I picked up rose as it was lighter amongst the two. The shade rose will be best suited for fair to light skintone!

The product comes in a tube with a screw cap. The tube is a beautiful rosey-pink shade with a golden cap. All the details regarding the product are mentioned on the tube. The size is compact which makes it suitable for travelling.


The shade of the illuminator is rose gold. It has a pink peach-y reflex to it and gives a gorgeous champagne glow. It has micro shimmer particles which really turned me down at first sight. I never want to dip my face in shimmer under the name of highlighting. The formula of the product is creamy and it has a medium consistency.  As mentioned on the tube the product is to be applied on high points of cheeks, cupid’s bow, and basically where highlighting is usually done. I don't see myself mixing them with foundation or applying it alone, as it absorb in the skin fast and it can make it look dry.


I finally decided to try it out with a very light makeup. You need very tiny amount of product and blend it using dabbing motions and it can be layered up easily.  The product gets absorbs in the skin very fast so you have to work on one side at a time. 



 After blending the product in the skin the specks of glitters were not that visible as they looked while swatching on hand.  I read many people claimed that it is a dupe of Mac’s strobe cream, but no. Both the products are really different. I will do a separate post on mac’s strobe cream.



It gives an opaque swipe when swatched on the hand but for the face,I layer the illuminator up to 3 times to get a perfect glow. It does give a healthy glow to the skin and it stays for good 5 hours. If you are into very light or subtle highlighting, this is perfect for you and can be easily worn daily or to work without looking too much.  I didn’t set it with a powder highlight to see how it performs individually but it did quite a good job. 



Overall, I do like this illuminator but I don’t see myself repurchasing it again. It’s good but not a must have. There are a lot of good illuminators in the market for a cheaper price. Again I am really bothered for the price I paid, because L’oreal is doing plain joke with its prices. If you still want to try the product out, I would recommend getting it during sale or buying from the store to see it physically. It’s 3/5 from my side!


UNTIL NEXT TIME,



LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment