Pages

Friday 9 September 2016

SEPHORA LIP LINER TO GO PINK BEIGE: REVIEW| SWATCHES| PICTURES






Hello guys! So after so much hesitation and exploring the blog world I finally initiated my dream to start a BLOG! I wanted to start my own blog since a very long time and was waiting for the right time. Blogging seems very much fascinating and interesting but with so much of hard work! I have passion for beauty and fashion and really wanted to turn my passion into a career. So, this is my first product review on the blog, let me know what you think in the section down below! 


 This season when someone asks you generally, HEY, WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE COLOR? Black, pinks, reds, blue all goes in the back of mind and heart screams NUDEEE!! That’s my color. I was never a lip liner fan. Lip liners were like waste of money to me. I mean in that price you can buy a lipstick, right?  I picked my very first sephora lip liner in Singapore and faced a very embarrassing moment cause of it. I went to the sephora collection and swatched this lip liner there. The liner was really tiny (REALLY!!). I just thought maybe they have sharpened it. I blindly kept the liner in my basket and took few other things too and went for billing. When the lady at the billing counter took out the liner out of basket I then noticed that’s it actually that short and very embarrassingly I asked her THIS IS IT?? And she stared me like WHAT?? I then confirmed with her that did I take a wrong piece and she was like no. And completed my order and moved out of store.


So, this was my little (not so little: P) experience about how the liner joined my collection. :D



Lip liners came in hype because of lip contouring trend and after coming across it, my interest for lip liners developed.

I picked up the shade number 13. Pink beige and let’s move on to the review and my experience with it.


SHADE DESCRIPTION: It is the perfect nude lip liner for Indian skin tones. A perfect balance of nude brown and light pink. It matches my lips perfectly. 



PACKAGING:  The packaging is just like standard lip liner. It is a wooden pencil with a tight black cap this secures the product.  The pencil needs to be sharpened, which is something I dislike because you waste a lot of product in sharpening. Also, this lip liner is half a size in comparison to the traditional lip liners. 

The pencil has all the details regarding the shade no, shade name, product weight, product name. The pencil comes in the color of the actual product which is easy to locate if you have a major collection of lip pencils. Each lip liner weighs 0.025 ounces of product. As it is a mini liner it is very travel friendly.



TEXTURE: The texture of the liner is semi matte. I would not say these are the best lip liners in texture because they feel a bit dry on lips if not moisturized or exfoliated.  But this liner does not tug on lips whatsoever. 



PIGMENTATION: The liner has a very strong pigmentation. It swatches opaque in one swipe. It has a fair staying power of 4-5 hours. The best thing about this lip liner is it does not bleed or smudge no matter what. The liner is very comfortable to wear on lips and does not move. If you have oily lips this liner may be a problem as it will move on the lips. The color payoff with light colored lip liners is much more intense when used on exfoliated lips.


One of the best things about lip liners are they can be worn individually. A nude liner can be paired with any lipstick if you want to mute a color. A major downfall of nude lip liners are they can wash out some people. Like if you are really very fair it can look gorgeous on you. I don’t use it alone, I like to pair it with my mauve lip creams and lip crayons. So if you want a liner which brightens up for face instantly this shade may not live up to your expectations.


PRICE:  On sephora website it retails for 6USD, but I got it for 10 SGD ( INR 500).


PROS:

1. Search for a perfect nude lip liner is over. This is the one.

2. Great pigmentation

3. Does not bleed or smudges

4. Good staying power

5. Does not tug on the lips

6. Non-patchy

7. Pairs beautifully with several lipsticks



CONS:

1. SIZE!!! (A major drawback)

2.  Feel a bit dry on lips

3. Can wash out if worn alone

4. May not work on oily lips


OVERALL RATING: 3.5/5


I hope you like the review. Also let me know what your favorite budget is friendly and high end lip liners.

Until next time,

LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment